The English Language in teaching in European Higher Education
19 April - 21 April 2013, Copenhagen
Organised by the University of Copenhagen
On behalf of our Sheffield-based team, we are pleased to announce the third conference of the Leverhulme Trust-funded research network: English in Europe: Opportunity or Threat. The conference will take place Friday 19 April – Sunday 21 April 2013 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The theme of the conference is “The English Language in Teaching in European Higher Education”. We invite papers on all topics relating to this theme. This may include but is not limited to:
- Ideologies of English in higher education
- Language policy in higher education
- English medium instruction in higher education
- Consequences of English medium instruction for local languages
- Parallellingualism and multilingualism in higher education
- English as an academic lingua franca
- Content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- English for academic purposes (EAP)
- English language testing in higher education
We welcome papers from non-European contexts too.
Please follow this link for the call for papers.
Robert Phillipson, Professor Emeritus, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Francis Hult, Associate Professor, Lund University
Glenn Ole Hellekjær, Associate Professor, University of Oslo
The local organisers
The Centre for Internationalisation and Parallel Language Use, University of Copenhagen
Anna Kristina Hultgren
Anne Sofie Jakobsen